This is my mum's recipe, and definitely the one I make the most. They are absurdly quick and easy, don't require any funny ingredients and taste really good (especially when they're still warm). Great for getting you through long car journeys - just ask Joe Hobbs...
Original recipe is in imperial; no responsibility accepted if you use the metric conversions!
Makes ~18-25, depending on size
- 3oz (85g) baking margarine
- 3oz (85g) granulated sugar
- 3oz (85g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 6oz (170g) self-raising flour
- 1 packet chocolate chips
- Cream together the margarine and sugars until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence
- Sift the flour and fold it in
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Grease or line a baking tray (you may need 2) and drop heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto it a few centimetres apart
- Bake at 170C for 12-15 minutes
- Leave to cool on the trays for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.