This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for this weekend’s trip to the Dale Head bunkhouse in Duddon Valley.
The cooking facilities at this bunkhouse are very basic, so fewer, big groups would be preferable if possible!
Click edit at the top to change the text (you’ll need to be logged in to your account on the website first – click here to register if you don’t have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you’re obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to Independent). Please remove your name from the Not yet signed-up for meal list too once you’re in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients – everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday evening so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
Meal 1: Shakshouka (for the very last time)
- Starter: Hummus with caramelized onion
- Main: Shakshouka
Dessert: Fruit salad
Maximum number: ∞+1
Cost per person: (Share the ingredients among ourselves)
- Ben H
- Sarah M
- Danny V
- Miriam G
- Marci (signing up just for a portion of shakshuka, since I'm cooking as well)
- Cameron R (Alergic to all nuts, please let me know if this is a problem (cfr26 [at] cam [dot] ac [dot] uk)
- Camilla P
- Bill (as long as I can chop the mushrooms.)
- Patrick T
- Ben L
- Bronwen F
- Bianca O
- Dominic Celiano
- Oliver N
- Helen G
Meal 2: Marci's last time cooking on a hillwalking trip
- Starter: Cheese platter (very unorthodox, I know)
- Main: Ćevapčići which are (Croatian/Serbian/insert any Balkan country) minced meat sausages, ajvar (spread made out of roasted pepper), potatoes baked with rosemary and olive oil, and cabbage salad.
- Dessert: Cranberry-oatmeal cookies (freshly baked of course)
- Maximum number: ∞
Cost per person: £4.50
- Jason H
- Simon M
- Seb P
- Peter M
- Matt A
- Your name here
Not yet signed-up for meal
- Susannah P