This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for the CUHWC trip to the George Starkey Hut, in Patterdale, Lake District, on the weekend of 2nd-4th March 2012. This hut has a large 'newly refurbished' kitchen, which has two cookers, two double hobs, a large fridge, two microwaves, two sinks, and constant hot water. All cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery are provided. The club will supply cooking oil.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you'll need to be logged in to your account on the website first - click here to register if you don't have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you're obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to 'Independent'). Please remove your name from the section at the bottom once you're in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients - everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the meal preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday night so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
Ba(n)ggers & Mash
Maximum number of people: 8
- Starter: Soup (unknown type, probably generic vegetable unless there is a specific request)
- Main: Ba(n)ggers and Mash. Please state if you want veggie or meat sausages and how many you would like.
- Dessert: Chocolate peach pudding
Pretty sure not everyone will see this post, but would people prefer peas and carrots with it or roasted veggies. I fancy honey parsnips. if anyone else wants to join the main I can easily extend it. (RH)
Honey parnips sound good! :) (JP)
- Vicky (meat and 2)
- Joe (Veg, is 4 unreasonable?) (I'll make soup for starter)
-can i make a specific request for anything but tomato? (Vicky)
-and can I request not coriander flavoured..? (Jane)
-I can work to that! (Joe)
- Eleri (meat. As for quantity - two? three?)
- Bethan (veggie 2 (but kind of depends on size and type...?)
- Jane (veggie 2)
- Kat (veggie 2)
- Lucy (meat)
Maximum number of people: 8
- Starter: Bruschetta with Tomato, Basil and Rocket
- Main: Lasagne
- Dessert: Tiramisu
Please put your name down before wednesday evening I'm planning to precook and freeze the lasagne sauce then at home so dinner can be ready in a reasonable time on Saturday evening.
- Greg C
- Tom Wright
- Matt H
- Michael (admitting defeat on the food front)
Ravioli with veggie sauce
Maximum number of people: 10
- Starter: Cheese, Spanish Ham and Chorizo on toasted baguette. + Mediterranean Salad (Lettuce, tomato, carrots, olives, a boiled egg, fetta cheese and tuna)
- Main: Ravioli with ricotta filling, with veggie & tomato sauce (veggies are: aubergine, mushrooms, onion, courgette and green pepper. If there is anything that you don't like/can't eat, it can be removed).*
- Drinks: everything will be accompanied with delicious Chilean, Spanish or Italian wine, depending on Aldi's stock :-p
- Dessert: Any suggestions?
- Dave F
- Larissa Moore
Not yet signed-up for a meal
- Kerrie Taylor-Jones