This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for the CUHWC Trip to the Oread Club Hut, Tan Yr Wyddfa in Snowdonia on the weekend of 10th May - 12th May 2013. The kitchen is fully equipped with gas cookers, microwave oven, electrical kettles, hot water boiler and toasters, plus all the necessary utensils, crockery and cutlery.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you'll need to be logged in to your account on the website first - click here to register if you don't have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you're obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to 'Independent'). Please remove your name from the section at the bottom once you're in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients - everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the meal preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday night so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
- Main: Bolognese pie with biscuit topping
- Dessert: Biscuit cake with raspberries
- Cheese and biscuits afterwards
Maximum number of people: 8
- Philip W
- Tom L
- Tom Owen
- Hannah Stern (by email due to not yet receiving password)
Menu 2 (I don't know what to call it)
- Starter: Haddock and runner bean risotto (can lose this if people think it'd be too much food or too out of place with the rest)
- Main: Steak and ale pie - votes as to whether I should attempt puff/flaky pastry from scratch or just buy some pre-made pastry!?
- Dessert: Apple crumble and Custard
Maximum number of people: 8 (for those still not signed up, note that I am going shopping on Friday at lunchtime, so will not close things till noon on Friday - but would rather know before then for convenience)
- David P.
- Katherine Bond
- Mark Nikolka
- Antonia Cuff
- Brian Vermeire
- Veera Panova (Could not sign in - AC)
- Main: Pasta with tomato sauce. I'll bring all the basics. Bring a vegetable to add to the pot!
- Dessert: Sponge or something.
Maximum number of people: no maximum
- Joe H