This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for this weekend’s trip to Selside, in the Yorkshire Dales.
The kitchen is fully kitted out with pots, pans, plates etc, along with a large cooker, fridge, microwave and large toaster.
Cooking protocol on this trip
- Cooking on this trip is going to be a little different from past trips (if you’ve been with us before) for we aim to cook Christmas dinner!
- The club will provide crackers and turkey.
- All the other dishes should be provided by you, and the cost will be pooled and divided between everyone (so please bring some cash).
- You don’t have to volunteer to do something, but since it’s a small trip, it would be good to split the work between everyone.
- There’s a list of suggested dishes to bring below, but this is by no means prescriptive! If you want to show off your family/country’s speciality, go for it! If someone’s already cooking your favoured item, sign up for it too, and we can see whose is best!
- Of course, you don’t have to take part in Christmas dinner; you can sign up to be independent instead, but note that we can’t have loads of people all running round the kitchen cooking independently.
PLEASE INDICATE ANY FOOD ALLERGIES NEXT TO YOUR NAME.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you’ll need to be logged in to your account on the website first – click here to register if you don’t have one).
Finalise dish allocations by Wednesday evening so everyone knows how much to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping and prepare the dish.
Christmas dinner suggestions
Turkey - Matt A
Add your name if you want Turkey:
- Matt A
- Ben B
- Matt H
- Isy H
- Ben H
- Alexander H
- Gabor K
- Brigitta S
- Chun H
Veggie alternative - Seitan (no Shakshuka this time :( ) - Gilad A
Add your name if you want seitan:
- Gilad A
- Amrei L
- Aromatic parsnip soup (already prepared, heating only) - Gabor K
Vegetables and side dishes
Selection of roast vegetables (e.g. potatoes, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots) (keep them veggie-friendly as far as possible)
- Roast potatoes - Ben B, Yaron
- Roast parsnips and carrots - Simon M
- Roast butternut squash and mushrooms - Paul C
- Sprouts in some form - Simon M
- Peas - Ben B
- Yorkshire pudding - Gabor K
- Gravy - Ben B
- Cranberry sauce - Callan
- Christmas pudding - Ben H
- Trifle - Isy and Matt H
- Mince Pies - Marci (well I have no clue how to make them, so just pre-made ones... so if you do know how to do homemade mince pies, do sign up instead of me!)
- Gingerbread loaf - Danny V
- Almond pudding - Brigitta S
- Your name here
Not yet signed-up for meal
- Tessa M