This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for the CUHWC Trip to the Selside Centre in the Yorkshire Dales on the weekend of 18th-20th January 2013. The kitchen is fully kitted out with pots, pans, plates etc., along with a large cooker, fridge, microwave and large toaster.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you'll need to be logged in to your account on the website first - click here to register if you don't have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you're obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to 'Independent'). Please remove your name from the section at the bottom once you're in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients - everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the meal preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday night so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
- Red dragon pie: Lentils, carrots, red pepper and chili with potato topping; with garlic bread
- Dessert: Something made by Joe
Maximum number of people: 10
- Andrena - can we make a pie for pudding?
- Tom Ashton
- Valerie Ashton
- Reuben Newsome
- Eleri Cousins
- Helen (what sort of pie?-cherry?)(might be difficult to get cherries atm!)
- Paul C
Pizza, Banoffee Pudding
- Home-made pizzas, probably with garlic bread&salad - i'll bring stuff for bases, tomato sauce and cheese. Please bring a topping you want and write what you're bringing
- Banana pudding with toffee sauce & custard/cream (any preferences?)
- Jane (Spinach)
- Simon (Mushrooms)
- Andrew (chicken)
- Philip (sweet pepper)
- Paul Fox (chorizo)
- Tom Leach (ham)
- Peter (chilli)
- Feyruz (Kalamata olives + surprise topping)
- Tom O - Room for a little one? (Pineapple & Pepperoni) - yep no problem :)
Bacon and mushroom risotto, cake and custard
Do mention if you have another suggestion for what you would like in the risotto, obviously that is pretty flexible and I realise not everyone likes mushrooms, I just quite fancied it. Anyone not signed up for a meal is welcome to join. I think actually it is easiest if I just do the pudding, but thanks guys :)
- Hannah Lissaman
- T (Thanatad Ruengsuksilp)
- Jonas Frey
Not yet signed-up for a meal
- Alex Elliott