This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for our forthcoming trip to Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales.
The bunkouse has an equipped kitchen. All crockery, cutlery and pans are provided.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you’ll need to be logged in to your account on the website first – click here to register if you don’t have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you’re obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to Independent). Please remove your name from the Not yet signed-up for meal list too once you’re in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients – everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday evening so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
Meal 1 - Yuqian; Chinese Fried Rice
- Starter: Coke Chicken Wings
Main: Chinese Fried Rice (with pork belly, eggs, garden peas, sweetcorn, lettuce)
Maximum numbers: 6
Cost per person : around £ 4
- Ane G
- Andrew F
- Hazel Garrett
- Juliane Ripka
- Hendrik Runge
Meal 2 - Mario Desiderio.
- Starter: Prosciutto/Mozzarella (bread apart)
- Main: Spaghetti Puttanesca (spaghetti with tomatoes, cappers, parsley, anchovies, black olives, Garlic, chilli ).
Cake Italian Panettone
Maximum numbers: 8 people (new updated number)
Cost per person : max £ 4
- Ali A.
- Oliver N.
- Nikhil (veg potion - Main + Dessert)
- Minja A
- Kerry VerMeulen-(will bring own pasta + dessert as am GF)
- Jeff F (I'm so ready for Mario's cooking let's goooo)
Meal 3: Animesh Jain; Ready-to-eat Indian food (spicy, vegetarian)
- Main: Dal tadka (lentils), chana pulao (chickpea rice), ready-to-eat, precooked food
- Max number of people: 4
Cost: around £4
- Megha Bhargava.
- Joanna W
Not yet signed-up for meal