Here is the wiki for planning transport to Scotland for the Easter Glencoe trip from Sun 17th to Fri 22nd March. Please fill in, particularly if you're planning to drive.
Important details about the bunkhouse
We're going to the SMC's Lagangarbh hut. There is a fairly regular bus (no. 915) from Glasgow to Glencoe (and on to Fort William) for those interested in going by public transport. It's about a three mile walk from the nearest official bus stop (at the Glencoe Mountain Resort) but bus drivers may be persuaded to stop in the layby at Altnafeadh just by the bunkhouse.
People who are driving there
Please note how many people you want to take, where you're setting off from, etc..
- No. of Passengers: I can take 2 people.
- Route: Would like to leave from Shelford Train Station, so if you would like a lift it would be useful if you could get there. Train from Cambridge to Shelford costs a couple of pounds.
- Dates: . I'll be leaving 17th early morning. I will be heading back on the 22nd. If any of this changes I'll let whoever I'm taking know ASAP. If you want to message me with questions please Facebook me - Toby Roney. I'll be driving up in a Defender so there will be plenty of space for kit. :)
People who want to be driven there
Please note where you will be traveling from/to
- Paul F from and to Cambridge
- Sarah Ma from and to either a convenient station (Bridge of Orchy, Tyndrum etc.) or Cambridge. Am keen for trip preamble on Sat/Sun (if drivers aren't going up early I might get the sleeper on Friday evening)
- Rebecka Nordenlöw from and to Cambridge
- Peter Mernyei from and to Cambridge