This page is intended to help coordinate lift sharing to and from the club's Easter Vacation Trip to the Pinnacle Club Hut in Snowdonia from Friday 10th April until Wednesday 15th. This page is editable by anyone with an account on the club website — please go [l|/user/register|here] to register if you don't have already have one.
See a map here.
Getting to the hut using public transport
- The nearest train station is Betws-y-Coed, with trains running up the Conwy Valley line, connecting with the North Wales Coast Line and the National Rail network.
- There is a bus service timetable here. This bus runs between Betws-y-Coed and Pen-y-Pass which is around a 2km walk from the hut.
- Trains also run to Porthmadog, on the Cambrian Line, for services to Birmingham, which connect with buses running to Pen-y-Pass here
People offering lifts:
- Days: Friday to Wednesday
- Route: Friday afternoon: driving to Cwm Dyli from Skipton, Yorkshire. Wednesday: driving from Cwm Dyli to Ludlow, Shropshire. Anyone is welcome to lifts either direction to/from somewhere near my route.
Bug (Matt H)
- Days: departing Cambridge Friday 3pm, returning to Cambridge on Monday evening. Taking bunkhouse key.
- Passengers: room for three passengers.
CCVR hire car (Andrew W)
- Days: leaving from Cambridge on Friday at 17.45, returning to Cambridge on Tuesday evening (i.e., after a walk, unless the weather's really bad).
- Passengers: room for three passengers; could pick people up en route (e.g., at rail station), but will give priority to people travelling from/to Cambridge in the first instance.
- Route: Cambridge – A14 – M6 – A5 – Snowdonia (and vice versa)
- Cost: hire and fuel cost divided equally between passengers; car now booked
- Matt A
CCVR hire car (Malte G)
- Days: I will leave Friday early afternoon in Cambridge and drive back Sunday evening, so we should have Saturday and Sunday for great trips. We can arrange a suitable pick-up location.
- Passengers: The car should comfortably take three additional passengers, I have rented a medium-sized car through CCVR.
- Cost: Hire car cost (£62), plus equal division of fuel costs.
- Let me know if you have any questions!
- April C
- William G
- STILL AVAILABLE
- Days: leaving from Cambridge on Friday evening, returning to Cambridge on Sunday evening.
- Passengers: room for two passengers with lots of luggage.
- Paul F
- Alex K
People using public transport:
- Ranulph Diggins - public transport on the 11th so will try to get to pen y pass. Leaving on the 15th by train back to Somerset. Any lifts to train stations/bus stops will be greatly appreciated.